HeyJude

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Thing Three

How would I use this blog for educational purposes? For the most part, I think I'd use this blog to share my observations and concerns regarding the practice of inclusion at the high school level. Blogging seems to be the perfect way to vent and/or work out issues in writing. I don't really plan to have a following, other than Dr. Wall and classmates from 5611, but I realize I could be googled since I've used my real name. Therefore, it will be necessary to use discretion in my writing.


Blogging would also be a practical way for students to improve their writing skills. Written expression is an area of weakness for many students. Blogging offers the opportunity for students to develop their written expressions skills and keep a complete record of their progress. A blog can be accessed from any location in order to be updated and reviewed. Blogs can be edited if the writer finds mistakes or would like to add something new. Teachers and peers can access the blog and provide feedback to the writer.

I'm just beginning to understand the value of blogging, so I may need to come back to this one and improve it. It is already apparent to me, however, that blogging can be very entertaining and thought-provoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment