HeyJude

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Thing Eighteen

I've been facebooking for almost a year now and it wuickly became a habit. I play on facebook the way I used to read fiction, so I'm not sure it's an improvement! I do feel more connected to people. Most interesting to me is the number of people from my high school who are using it. It seems to have become the easiest way to reconnect.

Why is it important that educators know how social networking works? It is important for teachers to understand how young folks are connecting these days. Studying how they interact on facebook will give teachers info on how they think and what's important to them.

What new insights did you gain about these popular sites? People really like to talk about themselves!

What did you like or dislike about each of the sites you explored? MySpace has become the social networking site for teens and facebook is more for grown-ups.

Which site had the most useful features? Facebook

Can you see a classroom or school application for any of these sites?
Facebook would be a great way for parents to stay up to date with their school's activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment